Sunday, January 23, 2011
New Calling
I was a teacher in Relief Society for a year and a half, I LOVED it, it has always been my favorite calling. So I was surprised the first week of December when I was asked to teach the 9 and 10 year olds in primary. But it was going really well. I loved being able to teach the Old and New Testaments. So imagine my surprise when the Bishop called me in 10 days ago and let me know they were changing my calling again. I am now the 1st councilor in the Young Women's. I get to work with the Mia Maids and I am also over the personal progress program. I am so excited and a little scared to. I haven't worked with the young women since I was 19 and the sports/camp director. So if any of you have any tips.....let me know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You will be FANTASTIC!! My Mom is in Young Women's too, and she is pretty much over PP as well. So you guys will have to swap ideas!! All you have to do is love the girls, teach with the spirit and everything will be great!
ReplyDeleteYou will be great in that calling and the girls will love you. :)
ReplyDeleteI have no advice, I haven't been in YW for 8 years now (and I can't say that I loved it, but I had just arrived in Venezuela and the girls were constantly making fun of my beginner Spanish, maybe I'd like it more now.).
What a great calling for you!!! You will love it and they will love you :)
ReplyDeleteCamille gave some great advice. Love and pray for the girls. Its a lot of work but very much worth it. You'll be great! Love you,
ReplyDelete