Sunday, January 16, 2011

Mistborn Series

I finally finished reading the Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson. There are 3 books in the series. I was almost half way through the third book and I stopped reading. I didn't go back to it for about 2 months. You see when I was reading the 2nd book, I was pretty sure how the third book was going to end for my favorite character. So when I got into the 3rd book I did something I NEVER do. I skimmed part of the end of book 3 to see if I was right and I was. I get so attached to characters. I know that they aren't real, but I just can't help myself. I let them become a part of my world for a little while, I learn from them and a really good character can help you become a better person. They can teach you about who you want to be. Last week I decided I would go ahead and finish the book. I am so glad I did. I don't want to give anything away for anyone who may be reading the books, so I wont go into detail, but I do see how the author had to finish the series the way he did. That being said, they made me cry. Not that it's difficult to get me to cry :O) If you are thinking about reading the books. I really did like them. I loved the world that Brandon Sanderson created, the magic that he used. But you should be warned there is a lot and I mean A LOT of war and fighting in the books. So if you are squeamish, they probably aren't for you.

2 comments:

  1. I liked those books too. You can't be like Lynne and read the ending!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great series! At least when I read the ending I don't put the book down for two months! I'm 200 pages from the end of Way of Kings. 10 books, really! I hope I live long enough to see what happens :)

    ReplyDelete