So I just got my first speeding ticket. EVER!!!! I can't believe I didn't get out of it. Denise said that I am finally a Garner. So the Highway Patrolman said I was going 65 in a 55. Yes that is right, it is a construction zone fine. $101.50!!!!!!!! What's with the 50 cents. Can't they just make it $101 or $102. Anyway, I was NOT going 65 miles per hour......it was 63 miles per hour. I know it is about time I got a ticket. But I REALLY don't want to pay it. So does anyone have any advise. If I show up to court, what is the likelihood that I can get out of the ticket? Do I have to lie in court to get out of the ticket? Cause I wont do that. Should I go to court or should I just pay the fine? I used to work with a girl that worked for the Nampa Police Dispatcher. She said that legally the officer could only give you a ticket for the speed you are going when their lights go on. What I am wondering is if that is a Nampa City Ordinance or a State of Idaho Law. Does anyone know? Because I was only going 55 when he finally decided to pull me over. And in my defense, I had just come down an on ramp and I thought that it was possible that the construction zone was over. But to be honest, I wasn't paying enough attention to my speed. Hopefully I've learned my lesson. Let me know your ideas and suggestions.
I still can't believe I got a ticket.
Steph, Dave fights speeding tickets all the time for neighbors and people in our ward. I have no idea how it works but I know there is a way for it to not be reported to your insurance and sometimes to have the ticket dismissed. If you know an attorney in your area that would be willing to help you out you should go that route. Dave usually does it for a gift certificate at a restaurant or a small fee. Good luck! Sorry about your ticket. It stinks to get your first but I must say you went a long time without one :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Stephanie I think I will talk to someone here
ReplyDeleteI know I shouldn't laugh while reading this but I am!! I've only had one speeding ticket in my life but it isn't fun. Of course with mine I knew I was in the wrong and so I just paid it--and it was half as much.
ReplyDelete