Thursday, March 31, 2011

Carl Bloch

It has been a long time since I have had a new post and I know I have a lot of catching up to do, but for now, I'm just going to talk about Carl Bloch. In February Denise and I drove down to Utah. We mostly went to watch BYU and Jimmer play against Utah in Basketball. BUT Lynne was also able to get us tickets to the Carl Bloch exhibit at the museum of art at BYU. I am so glad we got to go. I didn't know that one man had painted so many pictures about the Savior that I loved. I recognized most of them, I just didn't know they all had the same artist. Lynne, Denise and I took Lucas with us. I don't know how much fun he had, but I sure enjoyed talking to him about the pictures and the Savior. Here are a few of my favorite paintings from the exhibit This one was my favorite painting. The spirit that I was able to feel was amazing. I am so grateful for my testimony, for the faith the Lord has blessed me with. For the love of His son that I felt and feel so strongly when I see this painting. For the gift of the Holy Ghost to bear witness that Jesus Christ does live, He knows me and He wants me to come unto Him.
I think this one was Lynne's favorite. I love the boy, I love the way you know Jesus loves the boy.





This is a painting about Christ healing the sick at the pool of Bethesda.




The exhibit will be in Provo into May. For those of you who can go...you really should. The tickets are free, you just have to get on line and print them out. I love Easter. I am so grateful for my Savior, To quote a hymn: "I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me"....I really do stand amazed. I am thankful for His sacrifice. Those words don't ever seem to be enough.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Steph. Amazing artist to capture the spirit on canvess. I'm glad you girls got to go. I'm also glad Lucas was with you. I'm sure he felt what you did.

    ReplyDelete