Friday, September 17, 2010

What I've Been up to

Okay, so I know, I have been a total slacker when it comes to blogging lately. I'm not sure why. I always have lots of things to say, but I am never close enough to my computer. For those of you who know me, I love football. I was able to go to Provo for the BYU vs. Washington game. It was a lot of fun. I didn't take any pictures, because I have been having problems with my camera. Which should be a post of it's own. You know how you spend money on something and you know deep down inside that the thing you just bought isn't going to last forever. Someday you are going to have to replace it. Even though you love it and you take really good care of it.....someday it is going to stop working for you. This is how I feel about my camera. It was the first (and only at this point) digital camera I bought. It is a SLR. Not only is it lots of fun to use, but it takes great pictures. I just know I'm going to have to get a new one.
I have also been making lists. I LOVE to do lists. Well at least I used to love them. I have been really great at making the lists, but not so great at completing them. This never used to be a problem for me. If it made the list. It would get done. Not so much lately. I could blame many things for the lack of my ambition, but mostly, I would just rather read or work on pictures. So my goal for this month is to complete the lists I make. (which also means I am going to be more selective in my list making)
I got to teach primary last week. The 7 and 8 year olds. It was a lot of fun. I forgot how much fun primary can be. I still prefer my current calling--Relief Society Teacher, but it was very enjoyable to be in sharing time last week and to get to sing all the primary songs. They really do teach the gospel and testify of Christ.
One of my friends from work, Ann, has decided to change careers. She had many reasons, but mostly to be able to spend more time with her family. I can't believe how brave she is. It takes a lot of courage to change the course of your life. I have been thinking about that, not about changing careers, but changing course. Making sure that I am doing and living the way I really want to, the way Heavenly Father wants me to. Sometimes I forget the real reason I am here, I get caught up in the everyday things. The things that easily blind us humans. I have to remind myself that there are more important things to read, to study, to watch, to be, to do. When I do this, I am much happier and it gets easier to remember why I am here.
Anyway, that is what has been happing in my life.

2 comments:

  1. I loved you post. It is hard to put things into an eternal perspective. I wrote in my journal last night that I hope I'm building good memories like my Grandmother did for me. I loved going to her house and would always beg to stay the night when it was time to go home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to hear your thoughts, it's very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete