The Things I do
Do you ever wonder why you agree to do the things you do? I think this all of the time. Why can't I just say no? My friend Katee asked if I wanted to play soccer and I said yes. Don't get me wrong. I do enjoy playing once I get there. But before the game starts I sit there thinking "Why can't this game already be over". Admittedly it would probably be different if I was in better shape.
After the first game I wasn't entirely sure I would be able to drive home, I was so light headed, the second game was better and tonight I played alright. Part of the problem is my mind still thinks I can move to the ball as fast as I did when I was 25. I AM NOT 25 anymore. So I guess until I can get my mind to realize it takes me a little longer to get to places I will just keep doing my best.
I do love playing just about any sport. I love the competition with others and I love trying to do better then I did the time before. So how good is our soccer team......well we have played four games and we have yet to win. We have some VERY good players on our team and some players that have never played before. We all have fun though. Well, once I can start breathing again, I have fun. Tonight we doubled the goals we made last week. Yep, that's right we scored 2 goals. Next week we are going to get 4.
Keep it up... wait till you hit 50 then things realy slow down...
ReplyDeleteYeah, tell me about it. I keep thinking I should be able to move like I did when I was 30!
ReplyDelete