I have been reading Lynne's blog this week, it has inspired me to get caught up. In July I was able to go to camp with the young women. It was WONDERFUL! I had so much fun. I got to know and love not only the young women, but also the sisters I get to serve with in the Young Women's Presidency. I even survived the heat. We were basically in the middle of the desert. We had a river, trees and grass, but the camp is in a canyon in the desert. It was beautiful, but HOT. Here are some of my favorite pictures.

Sunrise in the canyon

We had a full moon every night we where there. I loved it. I didn't have to use my flashlight at all.

We played a game we all call Noah's Arc. Everyone picks an animal, you have to have a sign and a sound for your animal. Next year I am DEFINITELY taking some video of the game!

The camp was a couple of miles down from the Owyhee Reservoir Dam. You can see it in the middle of this picture.

That's the camp

Hike day

Here are our 2 third year girls working on starting a fire with out matches. I LOVED that they tried to learn from the book. They did eventually succeed. After they found some dryer lint, flint and steel.

Playing spoons

This is my FAVORITE picture. The water slide was pretty amazing. I have to admit that I did not go down it. I was pretty sure if I tried, I'd be hurting the next day! I know, that's so NOT like me :O)

Sliding fun

I loved the canyon we were in.
That slide does look like so much fun--I'm amazed you didn't go!
ReplyDelete