This is all of us that were there, minus Uncle Rick who took the picture. I am so glad that he came by too! Mom put together some little bags with treats in them. She told us about how she feels that traits and characteristics are passed down through family lines. She then told us about the items in the bags and the traits they represent. How these traits are given to the Garner women, whether you are born a Garner or marry into the family, these are some of your traits. We each got some lotion, to represent hands, hands that help and hands that serve, that lift others. How Garner women like to serve, they aren't resentful of the callings they are given or the opportunities they have to help others. How Grandma Doris Garner was such a wonderful example to each of us. She gave us some chapstick to represent lips. She talked about Grandma Doris Garner, Natalia, Aunt Doris and Aunt Nancy and how they don't speak about others. They say kind things and see the good in other people. She gave us some chocolate (because NO Garner gathering would be complete without chocolate) to represent sweetness. There is a sweetness about Garner women, they are kind.
I am so grateful for the words mom shared and the conversations we got to have because of them. I know that each of us have some of these characteristics, some of the women in our family have all of them, and we each can obtain the ones we desire by asking our Heavenly Father and by working on them.
I am so grateful for the family I have. I truly love my sisters, cousins, aunts, all of the Garner women. I am grateful that we can be friends as well as family. I know that eternal families are real, I am glad that you all are mine!
What a great night! Thanks for taking such nice pictures.
ReplyDeleteI went to work today and told everyone what a great time I had! I came home feeling so happy! I too want to thank all the women that participated and tell those that couldn't make it this time to come next time. Also, Lynne added how most of the Garner women have stayed active in the gospel and I too recognize this as a wonderful Garner trait.
ReplyDeleteSurprise, surprise the office didn't implode without you...I am glad you went too. You deserved a nice relaxing weekend!
ReplyDelete